Mechanical Contract Engineer
Mechanical Contract Engineer - Permanent - Commercial projects
An independently owned Mechanical and Electrical business working throughout East Anglia, London, and Home Counties are actively recruiting for a Mechanical Contract Engineer to be based from their office in Ipswich, Suffolk.
They offer a comprehensive electrical and mechanical installation service across many sectors including Education, Leisure, Healthcare, Commercial and High End Residential. These projects range in value from a few thousand to multi-million design and build projects.
As a business they can design and deliver any building services contract works for Main Contractors also provide a direct service for businesses and local authorities where no Main Contractor is involved.
As the Mechanical Contract Engineer you will be responsible to ensure the projects is completed according to schedule and budget undertaking effective planning to make sure the projects completed are profitable. You will also be required to manage a materials, subcontractor, installation, procurement and drawing programme to accord with installation and specification requirements. Throughout the installation its essential you manage labour and subcontractors ensuring compliance with specification and contract documentation.
Successful applicants will have the following qualifications and experience:
· Effective planning and project management skills.
· Experience of working on large new build projects.
· Working for a Building Services Contractor at a similar level.
· Overall knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of mechanical systems and their installation methods.
· Time served Apprentice or relevant Mechanical qualifications
· Consistently good financial returns on projects, taking into account all relevant factors.
· Good people management and motivational skills.
· The ability to work under pressure to meet set deadlines.
· The ability to plan ahead, co-ordinate and prioritise workloads.
· Strong results orientation.
This position offers a fantastic career path for the right candidate, for more information about this role or keen on a new opportunity within the Building Services sector, please contact Adam Brown on or or