Account Director - Insights & planning
Work for a top performance buying agency delivering value for clients.
Our client is a data-driven performance media buying agency based in central Manchester. Servicing mid-tier corporate retail advertisers, the agency has a clear view as to exactly who its target clients are and where it can deliver the most value.
Over the last 18 months, the agency has invested heavily in a media evaluation platform which enables it to track and calculate the actual contribution of media investments (display, PPC, SEO, affiliate, social, email and referral) and advise accordingly. As the last phase of the product development and rollout cycle, they are looking for an experienced Account Director / Planner who can work with the Account Management and Insight teams to take the product to market.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years managing multichannel campaigns/teams and will have a clear understanding of the roles which channels play as part of a clients’ digital acquisition strategy. Working with the Insight team to interpret cross-channel data, presenting it to clients and making strategic media recommendations will be the key facet of the role. The successful candidate will have brought an integrated approach to the media campaigns he/she has deployed and will have become a trusted advisor to clients at all levels.
He/she will sit alongside other members of the Senior Leadership Team to ensure that excellence is delivered and that their core values of being Driven, Curious, Brave, Supportive and Reliable are enshrined in everything which they do.
- Act as a coordinating Account Director between client, Account Management, Paid Media and Insight Teams
- Interpret cross-channel data and make strategic recommendations using media teams to implement recommendations
- Deliver revenue and strategic agency objectives for the Client Services Team (CST) across all media channels (affiliate, paid social and display)
- Lead and drive innovative digital customer acquisition solutions and build excellent working relationships with senior clients and colleagues to ensure that an integrated approach is delivered to all marketing campaigns
- Lead, participate and coordinate sales pitches (as required)
- Work alongside the Head of Insight to drive the implementation and roll-out of technology solutions across the Client Services Team and in turn, clients
- Represent the agency at media events
- Ensure that the agency are aware of media owner and technical opportunities and that these are being proposed to clients in a relevant and proactive manner
- Lead, implement and measure account management processes and performance across all channels to ensure that the agency are delivering excellence
Strategic Deliverables (client)
- Develop a consummate understanding of clients trading levels, overall business objectives and their marketing objectives
- Meet senior clients for lunch/coffee on a quarterly basis to broaden and strengthen existing client relationships
- Ultimate responsibility for quality of strategic planning, media planning and delivery
- Ensure that insights derived from campaign activity are constantly driving new media initiatives for all clients
- Ultimate responsibility for ensuring that Account Plans define client marketing strategies and are maintained and are underwritten by clients to ensure that the agency is constantly and consistently adding value to clients
- Responsible for account retention and renewal negotiations
- New business involvement at both strategic and planning levels
- By understanding the corporate and personal objectives of our clients, ensure that the agency provides is helping them to achieve said objectives
- Ensure that CST related revenue and Roadmap reports are supplied in an accurate timely format for SLT meetings
- Accountable for CST related budget delivery
- Plan and allocate resources according to budgets and client SLAs
- Constantly improve in-house processes and performance to deliver excellent client service and media campaigns which meet clients marketing objectives and exceed their expectations
- Overseeing the development plans of all members of the CST
Our client is looking to fill this role as soon as possible, so if you have the skills and experience required then apply now.