Communications & Content Adviser
Through Great Annual Savings Group’s partnership with Spennymoor Town FC, the requirement has arisen for a job role that is a dream opportunity for a talented and committed communicator.
Working Tuesday to Saturday, the role holder will split their time between the requirements of Great Annual Savings Group (GAS) and Spennymoor Town FC in a dual role that will make the most of their talent for writing, designing and producing content.
Following the club’s recent promotion into the Vanarama National League, Spennymoor’s media commitments will be increasing vastly and will require a greater deal of commitment and professionalism. Meanwhile GAS’ constant, rapid growth means there is a requirement for more writing capacity in the Group’s exciting Marketing & eCommerce Team.
Spennymoor Town responsibilities:
- Content creation, including: blog posts, features, videos, programme articles and analysis
- Match reporting on all games (home and away).
- Match day social media management.
- Pre and post game interviews.
- Uploading to the Spennymoor Town website using the CMS.
- Event management assistance.
- Press agentry and building of the club’s network in the media for the new league.
- Liaison with the Vanarama National League North.
- Working closely with the club’s suppliers.
- Ad hoc liaison with the club’s sponsors to ensure their requirements are met through their sponsorship.
Great Annual Savings Group responsibilities:
- Writing of effective online content for use on the Group’s website and social channels to drive engagement with the brand.
- Effective writing for different purposes EG brand brochure, internal newsletter, staff-wide email, promotional flyer etc.
- Assistance with the management of the Group’s social channels to continue the growth of the GAS brand and engage with potential customers and employees.
- Assisting with updates on the Group’s internal Intranet.
- Running of effective communications campaigns.
- Press release writing.
- The ability to write effectively and confidently for a range of different purposes, including match reporting, feature writing, news writing, press releases, marketing, social media and online.
- A complete understanding of how to use social media.
- A complete understanding of the media industry and how to work alongside journalists through knowledge of their own requirements.
- A passion for, and in-depth knowledge of, football.
- The successful candidate must drive, or have the ability to travel between GAS’ head office in Seaham to Spennymoor Town’s ground at Spennymoor at will.
- Flexibility of time. The successful candidate will be required to attend every Spennymoor Town match across the North of England. They will be able to travel on the team coach, so must be able to get to Spennymoor at will to catch the bus.
- The successful candidate will have a friendly, approachable, professional demeanor which will allow them to work closely with other members of staff and interview players/management effectively.
- Ability to use Adobe InDesign and Photoshop/Illustrator.
- Knowledge of non-league football and Spennymoor Town’s recent rise from the Northern League to the National League North via the FA Vase and the First Round of the FA Cup.
- Experience of managing a social media account other than their own.
- A flair for design, with previous examples of their work visible online/in print.
- Experience of reporting and analytics, including for websites, social media and campaigns.
Great Annual Savings Group is a B2B cost reduction consultancy based in Seaham, County Durham. Its stunning headquarters have played host to a meteoric rise to 125 staff members and more than 1,500 customers in four-and-a-half years of trading.
As one of the fastest-growing businesses in the North of England and with a Group-wide commission scheme, GAS offers an exciting chance for potential candidates to come into a business with unparalleled amounts of opportunity and the ability to earn money above and beyond their salary.
Find out more about the Group: www.greatannualsavings.com