Senior Group Finance Analyst
Our client is a listed FTSE 250 property business and is in a period of significant growth.
Supporting the half year and year end consolidation and external reporting process.
- Liaison with the regional finance teams to understand balances they have reported.
- Preparing a range of notes and drafting elements of the annual report and accounts.
- Providing deliverables to and responding to queries from the group’s external auditors.
- Liaison between commercial finance teams and the auditors around the client assistance schedule and provision of deliverables to the auditors.
- Planning the interim audit in conjunction with the group’s external auditors and communicating scope and process to the regional finance teams.
You will be exposed to a variety of technical accounting issues and provide guidance to commercial finance teams on the application of group accounting policies to specific issues or transactions.
- Internal management reporting.
o Maintain a number of head office company ledgers.
o Preparation of management accounts.
o Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
o Prepare actual to budget cost reports for senior management, providing an introduction to cost management.
o Assist Group Financial Controller in ad hoc project work as required.
- You will be heavily involved in the preparation of the statutory accounts for the majority of the groups’ subsidiaries and joint ventures, which are prepared under a combination of FRS 101 and FRS 102
Assist with the group’s banking activities and preparing cash flow management forecasts.
- The role includes an element of project work, which is likely to include:
o projects to simplify the group and internal processes; and
o identifying the impact of new standards and engaging with the business, for example by providing technical training.
You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skill set of the Operational areas of the Group Finance function by providing holiday cover to other members of the team.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant, preferably Top 10 trained
- Technically strong with knowledge of IFRS requirements and disclosures
- Audit of PLCs
- Working knowledge of FRS 101 and FRS 102
- Able to contribute to improving the financial control environment
- Excellent presentational, analytical and self-review skills
- Numerically able with strong Excel skills
- A willingness to get involved in project work, process design and improvement
- Hard working, self-starter and a 'can do’ attitude
- Sense of humour
- Confident, positive and willing to speak out and offer ideas and opinions
This is an excellent entry-level role for an individual looking to establish their career in a commercial listed company environment. You will benefit from:
- Working in a small head office with regular contact with senior management and the Executive Committee.
- The opportunity to work across a spectrum of activities in Group Finance including treasury, management reporting, external reporting, due diligence etc.
- We expect the role will provide a stepping stone into the business in around two years.