Operational Risk Analyst
An excellent opportunity has arisen at a leading financial services business for someone to join the risk team and take ownership of the Operational Risk framework which will include 1st line and 2nd line of defence.
This has been a true success story and an expanding global business. The role include monitoring and reporting on the operational risk activities. Escalating significant operational risk issues to senior stakeholders and facilitate the execution of operational risk management processes and infrastructure.
Some of the duties will include but not limited to:
- Collaborates with key business segment managers to support the operational risk management program and policies.
- Assists in conducting Risk Control Self Assessment annually with business units.
- Complete internal controls testing on each control area.
- Monitor Key Risk Indicators (KRI) for trend and gap analysis.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly Risk Disclosures.
- Proactively engages risk takers to understand the current risk profile.
- Represents the business at external meetings with clients and others as well as at internal meetings and on cross-functional teams.
- Assesses risk/return trade-offs associated with transactions or products and ensures appropriateness as well as alignment with corporate policies and goals.
- Proactively monitors all business portfolios, processes, and infrastructures to ensure these meet minimum quality standards.
- Identifies key issues and ensures action plans are in place for their timely resolution.
- Provides strategic direction for stress testing impact of risk on portfolio value and capital and advises the business accordingly.
- Monitors and highlights the impact of changes in macroeconomic indicators on portfolio/business performance.
They are looking for someone coming for an Operational Risk / Risk and Controls background who has the gravitas to take ownership of the Operational Risk framework and also the ability to influence where necessary.
In return they are looking to pay a starting salary ranging between £50,000 - £65,000 dependent upon experience plus bonus and benefits.