Corporate Engagement Manager
35 Hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Circa GBP 45,000 including Inner London Weighting
About the role
To develop and maintaining a consistent and useful view of who are people are, where they are, how far our messages penetrate and how engaged they are. This includes a specific focus on our volunteers - working with volunteer leaders, national volunteer service representatives, Presidents, Patrons and People and Learning Managers to understand the needs of different volunteer communities and increase engagement.
To clarify and enhance the support we give leaders, working in partnership with the organisation development team to:
Measure employee engagement and feed actionable insight back into the organisation.
Help leaders (volunteers and staff) confidently communicate and engage with their people.
To provide communication and change management/transition expertise for strategic change programmes and our central support functions.
The communications focus is to continue to keep staff and volunteers informed and engaged during transition and describe a clear and exciting vision for our future
About the organisation
The British Red Cross helps millions of people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts.
Our volunteers and staff help people in crisis to live independently by providing support at home, mobility aids and transport. We also teach first aid skills.
We are part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent humanitarian network. We refuse to ignore people in crisis
About the team
The role of corporate events officer sits within the Corporate Communications department which is part of the Communications and Engagement directorate. The directorate tells the stories about who we are, what we do, what we believe, and the difference we make to people's lives - so that both externally and internally people act, behave, or make decisions in a way that results in a positive change for people in crisis.
About the person
- Experience of guiding and coaching senior stakeholders
- Experience of successfully managing complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders, from start to finish.
- Experience of successfully influencing staff at all levels within an organisation.
- Experience of delivering influential change and management communications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification/experience in a related discipline, e.g. communications, marketing or HR.
- Knowledge of operating models for communications support within large complex organisations.
- Proven understanding of business strategy and the impact of internal communications and change
- Strategic thinker with the ability to shape culture and engagement through developing and implementing strategy
Closing date for applications is 23:59, 31st May 2017.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
- 36 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Up to 6% contributory pension
- Childcare vouchers
Should you have any questions on this role please email us at
The British Red Cross is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checking of all individuals who regularly work with or have access to children and vulnerable adults.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Refusing to ignore people in crisis