Field Team Manager - Smart Metering
JOB TITLE: Dual Fuel Field Team Manager
ACTIVITY: Residential Meter Operations
DIRECT REPORT: Field Operations Manager
Develop and communicate the departmental business plan to achieve the strategic objectives of the Metering Business, enabling staff to act in line with the needs of the business and to create a sense of involvement and ownership.
Prioritise and resource work activities to support delivery of the departmental business plan.
Communicate, promote and ensure compliance with codes of practice, policies and procedures, including health & safety, in order to meet Company standards and regulatory requirements.
Conduct Monthly Work In Progress Audits (WIP's) in Line with Metering Installation and Maintenance Quality Assurance Procedure
Work with Field Operations Manager to control and monitor the section's budget to deliver services cost effectively.
Take action as necessary to improve financial performance.
Monitor, control and report operational performance, identifying and taking action where necessary to ensure agreed service levels and contractual requirements are achieved and growing.
Lead and support teams in the achievement of departmental objectives.
Uphold company and ethical standards in own and others' conduct, taking action where appropriate, and modeling best practice, to maintain and enhance Siemens' reputation.
Ensure that staff are managed and developed with the appropriate skills and knowledge in order to deliver the section's objectives and the company's growth plan.
Raise levels of commercial awareness amongst staff.
Manage and maintain effective working relationships with strategic partners, customers and agents to ensure a responsive and integrated approach to delivering contractual requirements and agreed service levels.
Contribute to the identification, recommend, and where agreed, lead the implementation of best practice and new technology projects to deliver business improvement.
* Plans and targets in place.
* Improved performance
* Responsiveness of department to business needs
* Operational/resourcing schedules in place.
* Alignment with budget and cost savings.
* Incidents minimized. All investigations carried out within required timescales
* Proactive communication
* Consistency of operations with policy and procedure.
* MOCOPA/ROSPA/ISO/MAMCOP/Gas Safe Audit Compliance.
* Budget performance.
* Delivery of cost savings.
* Targets achieved/Service Levels reached
* Responsiveness too and resolution of complaints and performance issues
* Minimal Liquidated damages paid.
* Staff achievement against performance plans.
* Feedback from staff on team climate.
* Contribution to Siemens' reputation
* Training plans and actions delivered.
* Complaints minimised.
* Contribution to business retention or new business.
* Efficiency/quality/new service improvement
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
* MOCOPA Authorisation, GAS Safe Accreditation to CMA1 and MET1 as a minimum.
* Extensive experience of Dual Fuel Metering Systems and associated equipment with the ability to give advice as appropriate.
* Understanding of the code of practices, policies and procedures, including safety requirements, which are relevant to Residential Meter Operations and the ability to effectively communicate these to the staff.
* Extensive experience of customer facing roles in a competitive industry, particularly in operational environments with a commercial focus.
* Understanding of supply and metering markets.
* Detailed knowledge of Meter Operations and related activities.
* In a rapidly developing environment, ability to lead, manage and motivate a large group of field staff and meet performance targets
* Coaching and training skills.
* Planning and organisational skills with the ability to co-ordinate the activities of a large and diverse team and meet tight operational deadlines.
* Sound influencing and communicating skills, both written and spoken.
* Understanding of budget control and principles of resource management.
* Pro-active and creative approach to problem solving and focused decision-making.
* Ability to use appropriate computer based technology and to adapt quickly to any changes in that technology.
* Current driving licence.
Contractual Terms/benefits are.
42.5 Hours per week.
Standby as per Rota (Potentially 4 weeks per annum, Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
26 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
Flexible Benefits Scheme
For more information please call Luke Finney on or email an up to date CV to
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.