We are looking to recruit a Chef, to lead the small team on site at our Malaysian Lounge at Heathrow. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to lead the team and work with our Client to ensure all their expectations are met. You will plan, supervise, deliver and present the food and beverages at the Malaysian Golden Lounge. As the most senior member of the team you will guide and coach the assigned staff to ensure an efficient operation of the Lounge. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to grow their career and potentially take their first Head Chef role with a varied and challenging environment.
Sodexo Prestige is the Sports and Leisure division of Sodexo UK & Ireland. Our heritage is built on catering and hospitality experience and fuelled by our passion for exceptional food and service. For over 40 years we have been providing bespoke catering and hospitality services for sports stadia, racecourses, visitor, attractions, historic venues, major events and premium airline lounges. Recognised across the globe for hospitality, we help create exceptional moments at extraordinary events such as Royal Ascot, Tour de France, The Open Championship, RHS Chelsea Flower Show and the Rugby World CupMain responsibilities
- Interact with customers by explaining the food and beverages on offer, gauge needs and make recommendations to meet the exact needs of the Malaysian Golden Lounge customers.
- Ensure that all customers are afforded a highest quality of service through continuous improvement to product and service
- Responsible for the presentation of all food and beverage.
- Follow, where is possible, food ratio guidelines set out by Malaysian Airlines.
- Ensure buffet and stock levels of all food and beverage items for a la carte service are properly maintained and replenished regularly as required and in accordance with food and safety standards.
- Control and monitor hygiene standards as per HACCAP and Food Safety regulations.
- Ensure personal and food hygiene, as well as housekeeping standards in the lounge, food service areas and kitchen including equipment are adhered to as the company policy.
- Provide Training and guidance to service staff on the presentation and display of food and plated dishes inclusive of GREAT training.
- Ensure all food orders are completed daily to ensure sufficient supplies of food stock at all the times
- Ideally experience in managing a team and a kitchen or ready to take a step up.
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Experience of Asian (Malaysian) cuisine.
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Flexible to work on the early shift, late shift and weekends