Job title: Theatre Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £38,000 ltd per annum depending on experience
Hours: Full time
Are you an experienced Theatre Manager looking to increase your skills? Are you bored of your current routine and wanting a new challenge? If you looking for a role that will really push you to your full potential and help expand your knowledge we may have the perfect opportunity.
This role includes undertaking and delegating the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating theatre that performs cosmetic/plastic surgery. You will provide quality planned care for patients during their perioperative phase of care by ensuring all departmental members deliver quality patient care, being achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget.
You will act as a role model and mentor to staff providing advice and support to others to promote good practice and enable and encourage team members to expand and develop their own competencies
It will be your responsbility to ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and if applicable that the appropriate manager is informed and commence the investigation.
Please note there will be an on call commitment with this role.
Main duties will include:
- Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care.
- Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
- Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice.
- Apply and ensure others apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
- Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
- Undertake departmental HR activities.
- Develop and support business initiatives, polices and strategies which improve the service delivered to all our customers.
- Responsible for locally leading and implementing the decontamination programme.
- Establish, maintain and encourage communication covering complex and challenging topics with various groups.
- Delegate appropriate activities to other staff.
- Achievement of the theatre budget and specific Key Performance Indicators.
- Manage adequate stock levels for all operations.
- Manage drug rotation
- Manage Health and Safety aspects
- Maintain all equipment in working order
What we want from you:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Previous experience in running a Plastics/Cosmetic theatre
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a department.
- Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
- A degree of financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus.
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission.
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent.
- Management qualification
- Experience of working in the Independent Sector.
You will use your skills to work independently where you will be required to make rapid professional judgements using your Theatre Manager experience and knowledge.
With a permanent role available, for further information please contact Andrew Parker on