Senior Analyst - Retail Credit Risk Analytics
Job Title: Senior Analyst - Retail Credit Risk Analytics
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + bonus & benefits
This is a highly challenging role within UK Banking at the leading edge of the management of UK Risk Portfolios. The output from Credit Risk assists senior management with a diverse range of strategic business issues.
The Senior Analyst will:
- Support senior members of the Credit Risk team to embed risk appetite and mandate and scale within product areas
- Support the development of Credit Risk Strategy and Policy to optimise risk and reward within the agreed risk appetite
- Represent Credit Risk in strategic projects and tactical initiatives being driven by product of functional areas.
- Develop appropriate data driven policies and strategies and work with Policy and Governance team to embed effective policies within the product and operations areas.
- Deputise for Senior Credit Risk Managers at key meetings in their absence
- Proactively identify opportunities to revise policies to enhance product strategy and returns
- Ensure that risk appetite remains aligned to enabling the product team to achieve their strategic aims.
- Maintain an understanding of developments in the markets which may impact upon strategic objectives
- Ensure risk appetite, strategy change documents and risk polices are communicated and understood by relevant areas prior to approval
- Provide relevant coaching and support to other members of the wider team and to give feedback on performance to these individuals as appropriate.
The Senior Analyst will have:
- At least 2 years proven credit risk analytics experience in retail banking or finance house
- Strong technical skills, highly proficient in SAS, SQL, and Excel
- Strong analytical skills, ability to digest and interpret complex concepts underpinning Credit Risk modelling and approaches
- Data extraction and manipulation skills and understanding of data issues to prepare and validate inputs and analyse outputs
- A range of inter-personal skills including innovation, determination, and teamwork
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate to an audience with different levels of understanding of Credit Risk