Senior Transport Planner
Job Title: Senior Transport Planner
Salary: £33K - £38K
About the role:
We are seeking to recruit a Senior Transport Planner to join our Transportation team in Guildford. We currently have a number of major strategic roads improvement projects that primarily support development of traffic base models, forecasting, economics and operational assessment.
The role has a key function in leading on the development and delivery of transport planning projects within major framework commissions, providing development control expertise to Highways England and to developers.
Requirements of Role
Provide managerial and technical support to the Transportation Planning team, undertaking a wide range of roles from leading teams of support professionals and junior staff, managing projects to a successful conclusion within time and budget, presentation of results, report writing, advice to clients, developing graduates and technicians in extending their skills.
Assist in business development of the Transportation Planning group, including providing technical and managerial input to marketing material, proposals and tender submissions.
1. Significant experience in a consultant or local/central government working in the transport planning field.
2. Project management of development related transportation planning and infrastructure projects.
3. Good analytical skills and experience in modelling techniques and traffic impact assessments
4. Preparation and/or presentation of evidence for public inquiries/planning appeals desirable
5. Preparation of clear and concise technical reports.
6. Enthusiastic, self-motivated, ability to work in a team, good communication skills.
7. Be a good role model for junior staff.
8. Ability to work under pressure to deliver within very tight timescales.
9. Flexibility to work in a variety of locations and commissions.
10. Up to date knowledge on latest transport policies and legislations, design standards and planning process applicable to the UK.
The candidate should possess the following:
1. Relevant good honours degree, preferably in Transport, Engineering, Maths or Geography.
2. Relevant post graduate qualification in Traffic or Transport Planning
3. Chartered Engineer or TPP and MCILT, MCIT or MICE.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.