Development Coordinator - Godalming
To support overall company performance and profitability by supporting the Business Development of the team. This will involve contacting prospective customers and arranging appointments for the Business Development Executives and Account Executive. Responsible for making a positive and proactive contribution to the efficient operation of the Team, supporting the team’s strong sales culture and customer-focused ethic by exhibiting professionalism and enthusiasm in every workday activity.
Financial & Sales:
- Actively support and contribute towards the achievement of departmental sales forecasts, targets, and plans in line with the budgets determined by the Board of Directors and the Divisional Management team.
- Take ownership of individual performance and achieve daily / weekly / monthly targets set by the Board of Directors and Divisional Management team through proactively seeking to maximise business opportunities with potential new customers.
- Achieve / exceed all individual targets set by the Board of Directors and Divisional Management team, specifically in relation to; Outbound Call Targets, Promotion of Company Product and Services, New Business and Cross-Selling.
Customer Service & Regulatory Compliance:
- In accordance with the FCA* Code of Ethics and Treating Customer Fairly policy, maintain high standards of professionalism and reflect a positive Company image in all dealings with external stakeholders and clients.
- Input accurate and confidential data onto the Company’s database 'TAM’.
- Operate strictly within agreed Company procedures to ensure high and consistent levels of customer satisfaction. Become fully conversant with the Company’s complaints procedures and abide by them.
- Keep up to date with any changes in products and company procedures.
- On-going communication to members of the team to ensure they are up to date with the changes, and can deal with all types of enquiries.
- Attend and contribute to company meetings as required i.e. management In line with Company HR policy attend and contribute to your own annual Appraisal, regular 1:1 review meetings, quarterly company meetings, and weekly team meetings.
- Under the supervision of Supervisor, develop and maintain appropriate levels of skill and competence within all relevant areas. Successfully complete e-learning on 'Broker Assess’ and pass module tests as instructed by Management team.
- Proactively undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activity, to ensure insurance product and policy knowledge remains valid and current. Take ownership for self-development and CPD; ensure that annual objectives are set by Management team and targets achieved.
- Demonstrate a professional and collegial attitude towards all colleagues. Contribute towards a positive working environment and demonstrate a team-centred work ethic.
- Strict compliance with the company’s policies on Email and Internet Usage, and the Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies.
Person / Experience Required
- The principles, practices and legalities of General Insurance.
- The FCA requirements relating to both Private/Commercial customers as appropriate as set out in ICOB.
- Sales techniques and methods.
- Credit management and Third Party financing arrangements and procedures.
- Requirements of money laundering legislation.
- The Law of Agency.
- The Equality Act 2012 and The Bribery Act 2010.
- The general functions of all other areas of the Company and how these relate to this role
- The operation of the Company’s IT system, including procedures, authority limits and audit trails.
- The ability to give a concise and accurate explanation of each of the Core principles including; indemnity, utmost good faith, subrogation, contribution, insurable interest, condition of average, proximate cause, material fact, fundamental risks, proposal.
- Demonstrable familiarity with basic product features, benefits, exclusions and warranties.
- Expertise of fundamental legal and regulatory policy in relation the insurance contract including law of tort, the law of contract, the insurance contract, and their application in the UK. DPA & Money Laundering, client money rules and TOBA.
- Awareness of risk and the type of risk the customer poses to the underwriter and the ability to advise accordingly.
- Strong communication skills: telephone, verbal & written.
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Identifying Sales / Cross Selling.
- Sales Techniques and Closing Sales
The job holder is expected to have at least one year’s experience in a similar role with demonstrable success in an insurance or call centre environment. Previous insurance experience is not essential but would be preferred. No specific qualifications are required; however a high standard of competency and ability is essential in each of the knowledge and skills criteria.