Unipart Rail part of the £1bn turnover Unipart Group, is an established and experienced supply partner to some of the biggest names in the rail industry.
Our partners know us to be experts in rail infrastructure and track rolling stock components, providing them with the confidence to pursue their business objectives, while we support them with bespoke solutions.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager to join our Supply Chain Solutions function based in Weedon, Northampton.
The purpose of the role is:
- To work with the Business Development Director to grow the Supply Chain business
- To work with the 'outsourced customers' in order to manage and grow the accounts
- To work with the internal providers of services for the outsourced solutions in order to ensure all SLAs are achieved and contractual requirements are met
- Support the team to develop the Supply Chain Solutions propositions
- To manage the contractual requirements for all outsourced customer activity including contract and performance reviews, production of KPIs, meeting minutes and proactive management of any issues
- To develop the relationship with the Customers; to establish a credible and valued working relationship at senior levels of the business.
- To identify additional sales opportunities with the current customer base.
- To work with the internal providers of services for the outsourced contracts, ensuring all SLAs are being achieved and any issues are managed successfully with the operational teams
- To support the Business Development Director and the Sales support team with new business opportunities
- Work with the Business Development Director and the Sales support team to develop the Supply Chain propositions and relevant sales/marketing material.
- Contribute to the development of the business to deliver effective results and sustainable transformation.
- Demonstrate commitment to personal continuous professional development; maintain own personal development portfolio and actively develop own skills and competencies to support client engagement, practice development and personal career progression.
- Delivery of high quality reports in a timely manner.
- Initiate and support improvement initiatives
- To manage other members of the team
- Min of 3-5 years in Supply Chain roles
- Sound understanding of business commercial and financial matters
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Good data analysis skills
- Excellent MS Office Skills
- Good written skills
- 3 years' experience of managing a team
- Graduate or equivalent
- Experience of Lean implementation
- Rail experience