Trader; Middle Distillates (Diesel/Jet Fuel)
One of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas.
The job holder will be responsible for and will take part in:
- Trading of Middle Distillates (Diesel/Jet-fuel).
- Keeping an up-to-date knowledge of the oil market at large.
- Managing price risk exposure and contract negotiations.
- Elaborate hedging strategies.
- Liaising with Shipping for the Chartering of oil tankers, on spot or term basis.
- Providing the analytical reports to assist in taking hedging decisions.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Develop and trade the MED cargo market and/or ARA barge market for Diesel and Jet fuel
- trade the Jet fuel market in NWE and in the MED
- Identify and develop new business opportunities in the MED, ARA and NWE
- provide suggestions for the new marketing strategies to the Management and contribute to the decision making process
- Provide support for potential acquisitions of assets such as storage/blending facilities
- Maintain daily contacts with all useful parties representatives
- Provide accurate market information on the oil markets to relevant departments
- Negotiate and conclude market transactions on a spot/term basis
- Update the internal trading system updated for all concluded transactions
- Maintain close contacts with Internal Departments and other Companies of the Group, to ensure that any transaction concluded is followed through correctly and aid Contract Administration and Operations departments in writing of contracts (reflecting verbal agreements) and assist in resolution of any operational problems
- Maintain constant contact with all trading desks and provide support to the global arbitrages strategies as well as contributing to the success of the global team
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Oil Industry Standards General Terms and Conditions for relevant products
- Collect and assess information on the financial liability of trading partners
- Carry out an ad hoc analysis of the crude oil /products markets
- Evaluate structured transactions;
- Assist in the development of pricing models and methods;
- Maintain daily contacts with all useful representatives in order to manage the flow of information;
- Provide suggestions for the new risk management strategies to the Management
- Negotiate and conclude market transactions on a spot/term basis for hedging purposes
- Carry out ad hoc analysis.
This position reports directly to the Trading Manager and expected to have the following interfaces:
- Internal - Trading Managers and other traders on a daily basis
- External - Brokers, Counterparties and Companies of the Group
- University level education in Engineering, Economics with a specialisations and/or courses in Energy, refining, marine transportation etc
- More than 5 years of experience in products trading (Middle Distillates, Jet focus would be beneficial).
- Experience in Mediterranean market
- Experience with regards to Arbitrage
- Experience in the barge market
- Experience of proprietary trading, especially related to the best practice
- Experience with derivative instruments for hedging
- Knowledge of fundamental, futures and technical markets for products and market analysis
- Business Development attitude (with honesty and integrity)
- Result oriented approach and entrepreneurial mind
- Self-disciplined and stress-resistant
- Analytical mind, strategic thinking and practical problem solving
- Attention to Credit Recovery, Procedures and Policy Compliance
- Efficiency and Cost Optimization
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills. Ability to build and nurture effective relationships internally and externally
- Coaching and mentoring experience and strong team working skills, positive attitude and high self-esteem
- Full command of English language (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of the MO suite and software dedicated to the trading activities