Functional Assessor, RGN - Newcastle
Functional Assessor, Registered General Nurse, Newcastle
£38,000 + Industry leading benefits package
On behalf of our client the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, sjb medical is recruiting RGN’s to work within the exciting and challenging area of Disability and Functional Assessment.
This is an exciting time to be joining the service with opportunities nationwide to undertake functional assessments on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), of those in receipt of or claiming benefits.
Working in functional assessment is an excellent way of utilising your clinical expertise in a professional setting.
- Undertaking thorough face-to-face functional health assessments, reviewing medical evidence and writing subsequent detailed reports, enabling the DWP to make informed decisions about eligibility across a range of benefit types.
- Permanent opportunity with full time hours Monday to Friday
- Comprehensive training provided, for which you are paid a full-time salary with accreditation in functional assessment
- Local health assessment centres, regional HQ and offices nationwide
Your Excellent Benefits Package:
- Excellent career growth and promotional opportunities
- No nights, weekends or bank holidays and structured 9am - 5pm working hours
- NMC fee reimbursement and revalidation support
- Pension scheme and private medical insurance
- Medical indemnity cover and protected CPD
- 25 days annual leave plus option to buy more and sell back days
Minimum requirements for Healthcare practitioner, functional assessor:
- Minimum 2 years broad-based post-registration experience
- Recent experience working with adults with a range of clinical conditions within the past five years
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Full unconditional* registration with the NMC as a RGN
- *Unless a condition related to a health condition or disability