Water Quality Scientist
My successful client is currently recruiting for a Water Quality Scientist to assist the Water Quality Manager by ensuring that company systems and procedures are followed to ensure that portable water delivered to customers complies with relevant legislation and DWI guidance.
To maintain appropriate Water Quality:
- Risk assessments and documentation,
- Sampling and analysis programmes
- Data management
- Reporting systems
- Support delivery of regulatory reporting to strict deadlines.
- Compile and contribute to regulatory drinking water safety plan returns (annual progress and event reports).
- Monitor, track and report water quality data, measure compliance performance against external targets and assist investigations into atypical water quality parameter data.
- Assist in the generation and monitoring of operational sampling programme.
- Respond to, monitor and record water quality customer complaints received and feed this information into monthly reports.
- Support event teams when there is a risk to quality or sufficiency of supply.
- Be a company champion for water quality and the environment
- Develop relationships with stakeholders in incumbent quality teams, the DWI, EA, Local Authorities and the Health Protection Agency.
- Provide support to the Asset Operations team.
- Degree level in appropriate technical discipline
- Full driving licence
Knowledge and experience:
- Have an understanding of the current legislation, regulatory and operational requirements surrounding water quality
- Thrive in an analytical environment.
- Previous experience in a scientific field.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong knowledge of the full Microsoft