Senior/Principal Engineering Geologist/Geotechnical Engineer
Job Title: Senior | Principal Engineering Geologist | Geotechnical Engineer
Salary: £36K - £47K
We currently have a fantastic opportunity in our London office and looking to recruit a Senior to Principal Engineering Geologist/Geotechnical Engineer. The successful candidate will hold a key position in the team and be responsible for continued development of more junior staff, client base and help manage geo-environmental workload across the south.
The successful candidate should have strong project management experience, able to lead technical project teams, robust technical abilities and a strong sense of customer service and business development. The candidate would preferably have experience in a range of sectors, including road and rail, industrial, residential, commercial and leisure developments, providing robust, technically sound and cost effective solutions to Clients throughout.
The successful candidate would be expected to have the following abilities and performance expectations:
- Experience in undertaking, scoping and reviewing Preliminary Risk Assessments and Intrusive Ground investigations including understanding of currently available ground investigation, sampling and laboratory analysis techniques;
- An understanding of contaminated land legislation and planning regime to provide allow consideration of geo-environmental ground investigation scoping and generic risk assessment within wider combined site assessments, with the support of geo-environmental specialist staff;
- Interpretative report writing and reviewing including a comprehensive understanding of ground models, geotechnical engineering properties and soil behaviours;
- A thorough understanding in the assessment and detailed design of:
a. Slope stability;
d. Soil & Rock engineering;
e. Ground improvement;
f. Ground movement and settlement/subsidence;
g. Mineral workings and natural cavities.
h. Basement engineering
- Ability to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy, with awareness of structural, civil and transport capabilities in the wider firm;
- Experience in client facing roles, developing good working relationships with other professionals within wider project teams and an enthusiasm towards business development and marketing.
- A good understanding of brownfield development including risk assessment (GQRA and DQRA), regulatory liaison, remediation design and implementation/verification is preferred although not essential.
- Candidates would be expected to be proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of AutoCAD, ArcGIS, RocScience (Slide, RocFall), Oasys (pDisp, Xdisp), gINT, PLAXIS and Wallap software is expected.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
A good degree in Earth Sciences, Geology or Civil Engineering is required. An MSc in Geotechnics or Engineering Geology or a related subject would be beneficial but is not essential. Candidates are expected to be chartered/near chartered. PTS trained is a bonus.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.