DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion, the organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
DS Smith Louth has a rare and exciting opportunity for a new Designer to operate as a member of the Design Team, working with a range of customers, providing them with innovative packaging solutions that help to drive sales, reduce costs and manage risk.
The Designer will fully participate in Design departmental activities that support new product creation including prototype manufacture, product routing and pallet plans.
What being a Designer at DS Smith will involve…
You will be a member of an Award winning Design Team, working mainly with FMCG customers providing them with innovative, cost-effective packaging solutions. Your designs will play a key part in their success.
You will have the opportunity to visualise and produce designs of your own creation, translating these into CAD, producing prototypes and putting these together yourself, giving you exposure to the full product life-cycle of your own creation.
Customer service will form a key part of this role as you will be responsible for liaising with both internal & external company stakeholders. To act as "Lead Designer" for allocated customers.
You will also need to proactively create innovative ideas for new designs and concepts keeping abreast of market trends.
Finally you’ll undertake Design departmental activities that support new product creation including prototype manufacture, product routing and pallet plans.
What we would like our candidate to have…
- Versatile designer, ideally with knowledge of packaging and branding principles.
- Creativity, familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite would be an advantage.
- Track record of developing innovative solutions and/or suitable degree portfolio
- Proactive, self-motivated, able to work unsupervised and manage own workloads.
- Demonstrate a can do attitude, good time management and strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and willing to undertake a variety of tasks.
- Keen to learn and develop
- High accuracy levels and attention to detail.
- Experience within a fast paced design agency or FMCG environment preferred, although strong consideration will be given to suitably qualified and creative degree calibre candidates seeking their first position.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
- Annual cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers