General Ledger Supervisor
General Ledger Supervisor | Sutton Coldfield | £25,000
(General Ledger Accounting (RTR) FAPA Supervisor)
Penns Personnel have an urgent requirement for a General Ledger Supervisor to join one of our International clients based in the centre of Sutton Coldfield, within their accounts processing department.
- Provide support to the company and departments on the maintenance of fixed asset ledger.
- Contributes to setting and executing short-term strategy for FAPA
- Oversee the processing of required transactions/adjustments in a timely manner within the Fixed Asset Projects.
- Provide support and guidance to the departments and suppliers on all fixed asset financial matters to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the financial statements and timely project close out.
Duties will include:
- Effectively carry out all duties associated with the fixed asset accounting processes in order to prepare accurate monthly financial statements for all company owned restaurants, departments and other areas of responsibility.
- Manage and perform the capital project control process (i.e. Capacity projects, reimages and new sites) to ensure timely, complete and accurate information flow. Liaise with internal and external contacts to facilitate query resolution, authorisation and timely updates to the ledger.
- Produce relevant scorecards for each area of capital spend in order to monitor and track timely closure of project spend.
- Involvement in project work, reporting findings and/or recommendations to Management on a timely basis.
- Escalate transactional and system anomalies, and any internal control compliance issues to Senior Management as they arise.
- Apply diligence to ensure integrity, accuracy and timeliness of inputs and financial data.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified to Chartered Accountant, or equivalent, status
- Previous people management experience
- Preferred - studying for relevant accounting qualifications /part-qualified or equivalent 5+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, a high level of accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Analytical thinking and detail oriented
- Familiarity with relative accounting and sub-ledger systems
- End-to-end understanding of Fixed Asset and Project Accounting processes and technical systems
The Salary & Benefits
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well known company who offer great benefits.
- Salary from £25,000 dependent on experience
To avoid missing out on this excellent role, please submit your CV today!