Business Development Executive
Central Employment are looking to recruit a number of experienced Business Development Executives across the UK, for a successful organisation who supply food based products and machinery to customers in the Retail, Leisure and Hospitality sector.
- Generating revenue and profit and acquiring customers.Building and leveraging client relationships with existing and new accounts.Optimising the use of group products by the current customer base.
- Identifying target organisations and developing a pipeline of new business.
- Delivering on new business growth plans.Managing the sales process from start to finish.
- Account management within a set territory and set group of customers.
The main purpose of the role is:
- Implement strategies and tactics to achieve sales and profit targets.
- Find new customers for our range of products and services.
- Maximising sales opportunities for the company whilst maintaining the highest possible service levels at the minimum cost.
- Reinforcing the image within the market of a professional, customer centric organisation.
- Manage accounts that fall into certain parameters both geographically and logistically
- Seek out and find targeted new business opportunities
- Work within targeted markets to maximise the opportunities for the Group
- Timely follow up with prospects.
- Use commercial acumen to understand the benefits of new business.
- Communicate courteously with customers by telephone, email, letter and face to face.
- Manage the promises made and ensure resource performs 100% on time and with required quality to ensure customer expectations are exceeded.
- Utilisation of CRM system.
- Keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers.
- Learn about products and keeping up to date with changes.
- Network internally with key contacts outside own area of expertise to drive results.
- Determining weekly and day to day priorities to optimize sales and KPIs.
- Work with the team to pass on and utilize best practice.
- Ensure Company procedures are always followed exactly.
- Strong proven sales background.
- Target Driven.
- Self-motivated, proactive, self-disciplined approach to daily tasks.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Organisation, prioritisation and planning skills to ensure deadlines are achieved.
- Dedication and enthusiasm towards agreed commitments.
- Managing relationships - Builds internal and external relationships.
- Gathering, analysing and interpreting data and the maintaining of such data on a CRM system.
- Proven high level skills in IT, particularly in the use of databases and other Microsoft office software.
- Ability to work to under pressure.
- Ability to think creatively in providing solutions.
- Adaptability, willing to help out and be a team player when required.
- Numerical and literate.
- Closer finisher.
- Professional approach.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Team player but equally able to work alone and with little supervision.
- Clear and professional telephone manner.
Key Result Areas:
- Achievement of KPIs and New business targets.
- Support to wider Sales Team as required.
- Completion of tasks on time and to a satisfactory standard.
- Dealing professionally and in a timely manner with internal and external customers.
- Resilience and a drive to succeed.
- Having a consultative approach to new business
- 2 years Business development experience.
- History of overachievement against targets.
- Background ideally from food/drink (coffee/ juice etc), selling into leisure sites
- A basic level of technical understanding