Service Manager Locality Manager Autism Falkirk
Service Manager | Locality Manager | Autism | Falkirk |
We are currently working with a client in the Falkirk area who require a Service Manager. You be responsible for setting the culture of your service and ensuring that everyone within it lives and breathes our organisational values:
- Previous experience in a Service Manager / Locality Manager role within the care industry.
- NVQ/QCF in Health and Social Care level 5 or Registered Managers Award Level 4
- Demonstrable understanding of the legislative requirements around care of vulnerable people, MCA and DOLS
- Understanding of employment practice and Health and Safety legislation
- Broad knowledge of Autism, learning disabilities, complex needs and challenging behaviour plus other related conditions
- To have highly developed IT skills in standard Microsoft packages
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organised maintaining attention to detail and a commitment to following tasks through to a close.
- The ability to plan and prioritise work and time effectively using own initiative.
- A commitment to best practice within the care provision.
- A knowledge of marketing & fundraising techniques would be advantageous
The role will involve:
- Closely monitoring care provision to support care team to provide all service users with the care and support outlined in their personal plan and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To take responsibility for quality within the service by implementing and ensuring compliance with the company's clinical governance and quality assurance systems. Ensure all records and documentation are comprehensive and reviewed regularly, including the recording of internal and external audits, ensuring regulatory compliance at all times.
- Ensure all our service users have been supported to identify and document personal and desired outcomes that help them progress towards greater independence and clearly identify what staff need to do to support the achievement of these goals.
- Develop and deliver an annual service development plan with your staff and service users/families to ensure continuous improvement in your service.
- Lead the setting of your services annual budgets and ensure profitability of the service by review, control and management of this budget. Justify all expenditure and evidence income predictions, recommend fee rates for service users based on local market knowledge.
To apply for this exciting opportunity offering great benefits, please submit your CV. For any questions please call James on
Woodrow Mercer Associates are part of the Woodrow Mercer Group of specialist recruiters. Independent and refreshingly honest. Woodrow Mercer believe in doing things differently. We have thrown the recruitment rule book out of the window and replaced it with an emphasis on trust and partnership.