Warfare Specialist EW - Portsmouth
A new opportunity has arisen for a Specialist Role Player working for a FTSE 100 Organisation based in Portsmouth, playing a fundamental role in the delivery of the subcontracted training support to the RN.
The Maritime Composite Training System (MCTS) is a sophisticated and versatile training platform used by the Royal Navy (RN) providing state of the art classroom and simulation training facilities delivering maritime warfare training in controlled environments.
MCTS Role Players deliver flexible, direct and indirect multi-skilled support to Royal Navy maritime warfare career and continuation training activities through the effective preparation and realistic operation of the MCTS in high-fidelity simulator and classroom settings.
- Contribute - to the efficient and cost effective provision of a high fidelity maritime warfare training service in Warfare Team Trainer (WTT); Classroom Based Simulation Trainer (CBST); and Electronic Classroom Trainers (ECT) settings, providing timely and relevant cues, prompts and stimuli to enable effective control and operation of the system in use.
- Act as - an Exercise Controller in the Common Synthetic Environment Control (CSEC); training space User Desk WTT and ECT environments.
- Deliver - a variety of task-related training support and delivery tasks; to include: simulator preparation, reconfiguration, task-related administration (all environments), data collection, support (including training equipment Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)) and security related tasks.
- Assist - in the observation of physical system performance and the collation of all necessary data gathering to enable/support MCTS system analysis.
- Assist - MWS (Collingwood) / FOST (Devonport) Instructors and staff in the delivery of their training activities, by providing competent support to facilitate the delivery of training in simulators and electronic classrooms.
- Advise and assist - MWS and FOST staff instructors and students in the use of the MCTS System.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Knowledge - Current or recent specialist knowledge and/or experience of RN maritime warfare operations in single and multi-threat environments; to include working knowledge of RN warfare voice procedures
- Experienced - Recent experience of RN tactics, procedures and Operations Room practices up to and including Director / Controller Level in a required specialisation
- Systems Awareness - General, working knowledge of RN surface ship sensors and weapon systems. Detailed knowledge/ experience of at least one current RN Command system (DNA2 and/or CMS). Willing to expand knowledge into T45 CMS and other non-brought-in warfare-centric sub-specialist areas
- Simulation Toolkit - Experience of working in an electronic simulation environment as a facilitator of military training Understand and implement computer simulation methods/techniques, as gained from previous direct experience in the field of systems simulation, computer-aided design or gaming - Desirable
- Core Understanding - Prior experience of delivering or supporting military training in the simulation environment, including the ability to multi-task in a complex maritime warfare based working environment
What's on offer?
- Excellent Training
- On-Site Parking
- World Class Facilities
Successful applicants will be required to obtain UK MOD security clearance prior to appointment
For further information or a confidential discussion please apply now or call Rebecca Smolinska on .