Female Relief Support Workers - Bordon
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally,listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us,it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.
Would you like to finish work each day knowing you have made a difference?
To knit or not to knit? Well that`s a silly question!
We are looking for compassionate, keen and caring individuals to join our team of Relief Support Workers to support two lovely ladies in Bordon who love a spot of knitting and sewing!
You might share their interest in craft wizardry...Or you might be a fan of brain teasers, how does a jigsaw puzzle and a cup of tea sound? but the real question is, could you be the piece that fits?
Being a support worker isn`t just about making day to day life good, it`s about creating days that are spectacular! If you would like to:
- Go home after work knowing you have made a positive difference to someones life.
- Work flexibly on our relief bank where we have a range of shifts available to suit you.
- Have access to award winning, paid for training and career opportunities.
Then all you have to do to start the conversation is click "apply".
The great thing about working with Mencap on a relief basis is that you will also have the opportunity to work with many different people that we support. And trust us, there really are no limits to the interests, passions, hobbies and activities that the people we support enjoy.
This position is to primarily supporta service in Bordon, however you may also have the opportunity to work in some of our surrounding services in Petersfield, or if you`re happy to - further afield!
This position will include personal care - so it's really important that you are comfortable in providing personal care.
Role( Relief Support Worker - Bordon)
You must be willing to work flexibly as and when required. You will work on a rota basis throughout the week and at weekends including bank holidays.
Typical day shifts for the Bordon service are 10:00 am - 10:00 pm, sleep ins (10: - 07: ), and 07: - 10:15 am / 15:15 pm
Please note that these start times will vary, and are not limited to those stated above.
One of the most amazing things about being a Support Worker is that anyone can do it! As long as you have a positive attitude and want to improve the lives of those with a learning disability that we support, we will support you with progression opportunities throughout your career with us.
For further details of this role please click on the attachments at the bottom of this advertisements.
*An enhanced DBS will be required for each successful candidate (Paid for by Mencap, T&Cs apply )
*This post is exempt under the Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1
Full UK Driving License is desirable, although not essential.
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access winning training and development
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&Cs apply based on contract