F/T 37.5hrs/wk between 8am - 7pm
Medical and Nursing
As a Scrub Practitioner you will undertake all aspects of clinical work in the theatre area and provide a high standard of patient care and safety.
Key duties will include:
- Being responsible for the "total patient" in your care during the peri-operative phase
- Ensuring that all procedures performed meet individual patient needs, reflect good practice
- Ensuring that patients made informed decisions about their surgery and that consent meets legal requirements
- Ensuring that comprehensive theatre records are maintained in respect of all patients
- Ensuring that the cleanliness and hygiene of the theatre complex is maintained, adhering to infection control policies and procedures, Health and Safety policies and procedures
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant theatre experience as a scrub practitioner
- Knowledge of current research, key issues and development in theatre practice
- Knowledge of Health & Safety/Risk Management within the operating department
Please submit your CV to Steve at Eclypse Recruitment: or call on for an informal discussion.
Keywords: Ophthalmic, Registered Nurse, Staff Nurse, Outpatients Nurse, post-operative, peri-operative, perioperative, RGN, NMC, pre-op, pre-operative, Scrub Nurse, Theatre Nurse, minor operations, Hampshire, Southampton, medical and nursing