Commercial Account Manager
Commercial Account Manager
The Successful candidate will be required to maximise the margin generated from every customer opportunity, using a combination of up selling, account management, new customer acquisition and cross-selling as indicated within KPIs / performance targets. They will also be required to work within a team that aims to exceed expectations of customers by effectively identifying and matching customer needs in a professional, responsive and effective manner.
The working hours would be between 08:30am and 17:00pm, Monday - Friday, working 40hrs per week between these times.
- Use prospect data to make calls that secure sales of fuel and ancillary products and services by effectively matching customers' current and potential future needs in line with targets/KPI and the company sales approach.
- Negotiate a sales price within the agreed authority structure to maximise fuel margin from every customer.
- Acquire new customers via referrals from the existing customer base.
- Handle sales calls to the existing customer base with the specific aim of cross-selling other relevant products and services, effectively matching customers' current and potential future needs with targets and the Company sales approach.
- Log and provide an effective response and resolution to customer enquiries and requests for information. Ensure accounts are fully maintained and updated in all areas as and when required.
- Ensure all calls are handled in accordance with agreed company standards such as: - data protection, domestic pricing policy, company sales approach.
- Record accurately all customer interactions which take place, in accordance with company guidelines/standards on all required systems.
- Record all quotes communicated to customers into the in-house system.
- Collect and correctly input into the in-house system all customer data that is required by the business.
- Build relationships with teams throughout the business to ensure excellence in sales and customer service.
- Deal with customers in a polite and courteous manner to maximise customer retention and exceeds customers' expectations of service.
- Identify all current customer needs, and investigate future potential needs though effective account management, fully utilising the company sales approach, in order to present customers with the relevant products and services that will contribute to their retention.
- Communicate and promote "Core Values" and business objectives within the team.
- Be aware of and understand the departmental and business targets; and the role that you play in their delivery.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Confidence in own ability
- High degree of self-motivation and time management
- Resilient, persistent and tenacious
- Target driven / results orientated
- Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise
- Good listening skills
- Sales Negotiation experience is desirable
- Experience within a sales environment is desirable
The successful candidate will be offered the position on Certas Energy terms and conditions of employment.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 2 weeks after the closing date. If you are not contacted, you should assume that you have not been shortlisted.
Certas Energy Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer