General Manager - Cheltenham - Leisure - 35K
General Manager – Cheltenham - Leisure Attraction - £35,000 +
Salary; £28,000 - £35,000
A rapidly expanding provider of themed indoor & outdoor miniature golf venues is looking for an exceptional General Manager to open a brand new indoor site in Cheltenham. Offering a range of events from Birthday parties and School Clubs through to Stag and Hen Dos and Corporate events, this organisation have created an innovative way of making Golf exciting for everyone.
As General Manager, you will be tasked with the day-to-day management of all elements to do with the Cheltenham site Overseeing day to day operational management of the attraction In its entirety, in a manner that maximises revenues, customer satisfaction, and people development and also ensures a safe environment for all. Key areas of emphasis will be Revenue generation, financial controls, demand creation & utilisation, cost control and development of the team to deliver outstanding customer service.
• Previous experience in a management role in Leisure, Retail or Hospitality
• An ability to proactively build relationships with local organisations
• An excellent track record of hitting and exceeding targets
• Knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and experience implanting them
• Managing a large Food & Beverage operation, including a licensed bar for adults
• Operations management including daily centre audits, cash reconciliation, standards review, maintaining efficient staff rotas, tee time management and control.
• Maintain, review and implement sales and marketing plans and procedures including POS, internal and external promotions, maximising ancillary spend
• Undertake and review customer usage and bookings on a daily basis to verify appropriate rates are being charged, utilisation is optimised and all procedures are documented per policy
• Assist the Group Digital Marketing Manager is developing engaging content for social media and websites
• Develop engaging and appropriate campaigns for the identified target markets
• Review general ledgers weekly to identify expenditure and verify correct coding of expenses by account and timely processing of invoices.
• Manage forecasted business to ensure any shortfalls are minimised and managed.
• Manage all aspects of the department appropriately including licensed bar, café, kitchen and associated areas.
• Achieve margin expectations within both Food and Beverage lines. COS budgets to be managed and met.
• Implement and maintain an effective inventory and shortage control document.
• Ensure 100% compliance on food hygiene standards
• Lead the recruitment process and orientation of all new employees through the induction process.
• Ensure new employees receive a quality induction to the company and all relevant training needed for their role.