Our client is a successful services company based in Docklands , they are looking to recruit an experienced Finance Controller.
Reporting into the Managing Director, the Financial Controller is a pivotal role within the business.
Main Duties consist of:
- Overseeing the day to day running of accounts department
- Preparing the statutory accounts and liaising with auditors
- Preparing the monthly management accounts and board pack
- Monthly forecasting and annual budgeting
- Manage a small team and providing training, coaching and development
- Overseeing all accounting operations including billing, purchase ledger, cost accounting, payroll and revenue recognition
- Preparing the budget and financial forecasts
- Researching technical accounting issues for compliance
- Coordinating the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Month-end and year-end close process
- Managing the compliance of HMRC rules on reporting requirements, payments and filings/returns for NI & PAYE, VAT and corporation tax
- Producing timely and accurate analysis for the Managing Director
- Liaising with bank managers and control of invoice financing function
- Attending external meetings and producing financial information during the tender process to win new business
- Advising senior management on corporate strategy and commercial awareness
- General staff tax enquiries
- HR crossover, holidays/sickness etc
- Supervising weekly and monthly payroll
- Sage program administration and maintenance
- Cash flow forecasting
In order to be the right for this position you must possess strong Sage 50/ Sage payroll skills & will ideally be ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified. Experience within a services based company will also be advantageous.