One of the UK’s leading travel businesses is looking to hire a press officer to join its busy corporate communications team. The role will include the co-ordination and implementation of the company corporate communications strategy, reactively answering press office enquires, managing specific issues, writing and issuing press releases and managing the online press office and press officer twitter account. The job holder will also be required to come up with proactive media campaigns to position the company in a positive light and enhance its reputation.
To be considered for this role you must have previous experience in a large, corporate environment. You must have strong media experience allied to a deep understanding of corporate communications and issues management. It's a challenging, role which requires a strategic, yet hands-on approach.
· Management of central press office duties
· Support team on implementing plan in the UK and Europe
· Handle specific media enquiries working closely with internal stakeholders
· Proactively create positive news stories to enhance the company’s reputation
· Support the management of PR agencies in all markets
· Play a supporting role in the company’s crisis management procedures
· Previous experience in a large, corporate environment
· Proven experience of media communications, ideally in a similar role
· Good organisational and planning skills
· Broad knowledge of all media and a strong news sense
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
· Remains calm under pressure with ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
· Accuracy and attention to detail; excellent proof reading skills
In the first instance please send your CV in word format via email to Lizzie Johnson at eccvs@ vmagroup.com quoting reference LJ19885.
VMA Group is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
To view all our current vacancies, please visit our website at www.vmagroup. com.
VMA Group is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.