Golden Charter is the UK's leading provider of funeral plans. With more than 300 employees and 26 years’ experience in helping people take care of their funeral arrangements and later life planning needs, Golden Charter is the expert when it comes to planning ahead.
The success of our business is down to our people and our priority is making Golden Charter a great place to work. We recognise potential, providing opportunities that fit an individual’s skills and talents, and ensure the right support is in place. Opportunities for promotion within Golden Charter are commonplace with over 50 internal promotions in the last 2 years. Our commitment to our people, and our innovative thinking, has contributed to us becoming an industry-leading organisation with sales growth in excess of 150% over the last five years.
We are looking to appoint a Retentions Advisor to join our busy Operations Department based in Bearsden. This is initially a 6 month contract which may lead to permanent.
Retention Advisors are responsible for handling all requests to cancel pre-paid funeral plans that are received by phone, email or in writing. The role also involves pro-actively contacting customers that have missed payments to help resolve their issues.
Good customer service, customer focused sales skills along with product knowledge are required to build rapport and gain an understanding of customer concerns to help overcome objections or find solutions to ensure customer satisfaction and retention of plans.
- Handling inbound cancellation requests received by phone, in writing and by email
- Using customer service, sales and negotiation skills to retain customers
- Ownership and processing of requests to cancel
- Outbound calls to customers that have missed payments to help resolve issues
- Liaising with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Ad hoc administrative tasks and duties as required
- Ensuring that Golden Charter standards of performance and customer service are maintained and exceeded at all times
- Confident with good communication skills
- Ability to build rapport and engage with customers
- Some sales or retentions experience with customer focus
- Disciplined and enthusiastic with self-drive and motivation
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines and cope under pressure
- Apply high quality standards to all tasks in hand
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Benefits: Onsite parking, pension contribution, free life insurance, subsided gym membership, various funded social events, fantastic career opportunities