Financial Accountant - Devon - Up to £36,000
We're partnering with a well know Manufacturing company to secure them a new Financial Accountant to join their well established team. Working closely with the Financial & Commercial Manager, you will be a pivitol in providing financial data, packs and reports for the business.
- Check that procurement, purchasing and authorisation policies and procedures are properly applied
- Monitor tendering and purchasing against budget to provide early warning of variances
- Oversee coding to ensure accurate costing
- Ensure prompt and proper authorisation of purchase requisitions
- Manage supplier payments in compliance with Wolf policies and contractual terms
- Maintain appropriate controls and checks to ensure integrity and security of purchasing processes
- Support budgetary and planning processes
- Perform accounts close procedures including accruals, prepayments and other journal entries as required
- Produce management and contract accounts pack and investigate variances
- Provide financial and administrative input to management decisions and processes
- Develop and improve management information and reports in conjunction with operational managers and staff
- Support cost control programmes
- Provide appropriate reporting for management in the UK and Australia as required
- Liaise with the corporate finance team on banking and cash flow issues as necessary
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards and maintain awareness of emerging issues
- Provide audit working papers and audit support as required
- Undertake UK financial statutory reporting
- Provide consolidation adjustments as required to assist PLC level reporting
- Ensure compliance with VAT and Corporation Tax requirements and prepare returns and payments as necessary.
- Assist HR Dept. with Income Tax and NI compliance and reporting
- Assist warehouse management in optimising stock holdings and costs
- Ensure stock accounting, checking and valuation are robust and consistent with accounting requirements
- Participate in design and development of appropriate functional finance, reporting and MI systems
- Develop practical and effective accounting and administrative controls and procedures in conjunction with Commercial/ Financial Manager and management team
- Alert Commercial/ Financial Manager and management team generally to risk exposures
- Other tasks as reasonably requested by Commercial/ Financial Manager
- Deputise for the Commercial/ Financial Manager as needed
The ideal candidate will be PQ CIMA / ACCA or MAAT.
UK GAAP Reporting is essential.
Experience in Management Accounting and Budgeting is highly desirable.
This will suit a highly analytical accountant.