Civil Engineer - (Water)Peterborough
£35,000-£50,000 p/a + vehicle
Alecto Recruitment is proud to be recruiting on behalf of an excellent Blue Chip Construction and Civil Engineering Company.
Our client are looking for experienced Civil Engineers to work in the water recycling/water infrastructure team, on-site in Peterborough. Candidates should be able to challenge both hydraulic modellers and the delivery team to realise efficiencies using their knowledge of construction techniques, design and enabling (environmental, land, customer interfaces). Ideally the candidate should have experience delivering water recycling infra projects. Have the ability to deliver to time and cost and reduce carbon in project solutions. This is a design/build role and candidates will be expected to go to site.
- In accordance with the TM RACI, ensure project deliverables meet the agreed standards and quality and deliver the benefits by design strategies as defined by the TM.
- Support the Civil Discipline Head in the drive towards excellence in H&S, demonstrating applied knowledge and skills to produce safe designs to discharge your obligation according to CDM Regulations, standards and accepted codes of practice.
- Support the regular design and discipline meetings and participate in sharing cross-discipline information, supporting the Benefit by Design and Industrialised Construction Initiatives.
- Ensure all technical work is undertaken to the correct standards and specifications. Ensure the requirements of MAS are adhered to and offer challenge when applicable.
- Be responsible for maintaining your own quality and consistency of all civil engineering technical documents.
- Work with the relevant Senior Engineer/Peers and/or the Discipline Head to ensure that all technical deliverables are properly checked and approved.
- Communicate effectively at all relevant levels to ensure that the need to deliver technical excellence is understood and implemented. Escalate issues that may impact on time/cost/quality to the Technical Manager before they become problems or exceed agreed timescales.
- Maintain close links with other Engineers and the Discipline Head to ensure smooth interfaces between disciplines, manage gaps/overlaps and share best practice. Liaise closely with Technical Managers within the programme area to provide technical guidance and explore opportunities for out-performance from technical innovation.
- To provide and maintain an estimate for design works needed to deliver the precast design.
- To ensure that the design delivery is matched to the project programme and every effort is assured to ensure DOT.
We're looking for:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil and/or Structural Engineering or other relevant subject.
- Experience in water and waste water treatment processes
- Full understanding of civil engineering conceptual design and optioneering & civil details design
The Anglian Water @one Alliance is a collaborative organisation of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme. We will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.2billion between April 2015 and March 2020, known as AMP6 – the current five year investment period, working closely with Anglian Water operations teams and other key stakeholders. We design and construct water and water recycling (waste water) treatment centres that serve more than six million people in the East of England (and Hartlepool Water) and maintain and improve the water mains and the sewerage network in the region.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000-£50,000 /year
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Chas Earl, Alecto Recruitment Ltd. .
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted