£40,000-£45,000 p/a + vehicle
Alecto Recruitment is proud to be recruiting on behalf of an excellent Utility Infrastructure Company based in the South East.
The Utility Consultant will provide design, co-ordination and procurement solutions for utility infrastructure in new housing and commercial developments.
The Utility Consultant will deliver project management services for existing utility plant (diversions) and new utility connections.
Responsibilities of Job:
- Work on projects and clients as assigned by the Directors
- Work with and build good working relationships with Clients' Project Teams, dealing with all aspects of the utility and services provision ensuring you establish and meet the key contacts early on
- Prepare fee proposals and obtain sign off from Directors
- Attend project design team meetings and meetings with clients on and off site as required
- Visit site on a predetermined basis (agreed with the client) and undertake photo survey of existing utility plant on and in the vicinity
- Deliver clear and timely briefings with support documentation to Project Support and CAD staff as required to enable them to fully understand their role in the project and the scope of work and timescales
- Design, plan and resolve all utility technical issues in respect of existing and proposed infrastructures
- Approve CAD generated drawings advising the CAD team if there are issues and how they need to be resolved
- Monitor utility installation progress and manage programme in accordance with Client requirements
- Prepare progress reports on all current projects as requested by Directors, highlighting any issues or outstanding items promptly
- Ensure each work item is invoiced correctly and targets are achieved, ensuring disbursements/subcontractor fees tie up with the original estimates to ensure profitability
- Organise, attend and chair (where necessary) meetings with utilities and consultants on the project teams, and internal staff to review the progress and current status of projects in a timely manner
- Feedback in a timely manner to the Directors any issues or outstanding items
- Monitor level of profitability and activity for new and existing clients ensuring action is taken if required
- Chase outstanding monies in conjunction with the Accounts department ensuring client relationships are viable.
Health & Safety:
- Visit sites as necessary, ensuring H&S Risk Assessments are carried out prior to site visits
- Prepare, obtain authorisation and submit H&S reports as necessary
- To ensure profitable relationships are established and maintained with new and existing clients
- Contribute to and operate at all times in accordance with the Management System and Operating Procedures
- Identify new clients, arrange introductory meetings and actively seek new work in order to increase business success and to meet your targets
- Ensure all clients are aware of the range of services Premier Energy supplies and identify opportunities for cross selling as appropriate
- A background as an M&E building services engineer or substantial utility company experience or have worked for a developer procuring utility infrastructure with an appreciation of technical and regulatory issues (e)
- A current UK driving licence (e)
- Have working knowledge of CAD (d)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 /year
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Chas Earl, Alecto Recruitment Ltd. .
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted