Junior Underwriter Mortgage/Property
We are currently recruiting for a developing financial services organisation that are seeking to recruit an individual with experience in Underwriting with a background in Mortgages and/or Property to join their team.
The key purpose of this role is to facilitate and progress mortgage applications through to mortgage offer in line with FSA regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Underwrite allocated applications
- Offer mortgages to approved borrowers
- Review Agreement in Principle requests
- Manage escalations and resolve technical queries, problem solving
- Respond to complaints within SLA's seeking advice and guidance from Seniors where necessary
- Identify any potential fraudulent activity and escalate any concerns to relevant senior staff
- Maintain the company's compliance standards
- Comply to all policies, procedures and FSA regulations
To be successful, you MUST have:
- Exposure to working with Mortgage/Property Underwriters
- A background in Financial Services
- Knowledge of FCA regulations re residential mortgages
- You must also be a team player, with excellent organisational, communication and IT skills, as well as being reliable, professional and able to handle objections