Senior Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Job title: Senior | Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Salary/Rate: £32K - £42K
1. Experience in a ground investigation environment
2. Chartered, ideally with an BSc in Geology and an MSc in Geotechnical Engineering
3. Self-starter, team player with good inter-personal skills and proactive character
1. Managing projects from inception to completion
2. Prepare and manage financial budgets for projects
3. Undertake fieldwork and supervision
4. Writing and preparation of desk study reports, interpretative geotechnical and Geoenvironmental reports and waste classification assessments to UK standards
5. A thorough understanding of characterising ground conditions and providing recommendations covering foundation design, ground improvements, earthworks, basements, retaining wall, mining and slope stability assessments. Conversant with GEO5 design software would be advantageous.
6. Technical support and mentoring to junior and senior staff
7. Reviewing technical reports
8. A full UK driver's licence is required for travelling
9. CSCS card would be advantageous
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on or send your CV to - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.