National Account Manager - Medical/Dispensing/Capital Equipment
BD is a leading global medical technology company that develops, manufactures and sells medical devices, instruments systems and reagents. With nearly 30,000 associates across more than 50 countries, we are dedicated to improving people’s health throughout the world via three company segments: BD Diagnostics, BD Biosciences and BD Medical, which includes Medical and Procedural Solutions (MPS).
Title: National Accounts Manager
Reports to: Commercial Manager UK & I
Location: Field Based
Department: Dispensing Hospital International - UK & Ireland
The NAM will be responsible for developing account strategies to increase national account and company market share in all segments and for all product categories of BD Dispensing products and services. Crucial to success in the role will be comprehensive support to the commercial field teams to ensure that revenue and profit targets are met or exceeded.
- Generate profitable sales across DHI division of BDD UK businesses driving market share, margin protection and profitable growth objectives for all core products.
- Create centralised procurement sales strategies across BDD UK.
- Supporting the BDD Strategy to "Make BD easy to buy from"
- Responsible for improving National account market share by leveraging current relationships to introduce full range of BDD products and services
- Develop corporate account strategies in conjunction with the multiple sales teams that maximise revenue and profit for the company
- To provide the sales force with clear strategic and tactical commercial support with tenders and procurement.
- Primary contact for corporate strategic accounts
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- To network with key opinion leaders in order to influence their view of BDD products and better understand developments and opportunities within the market.
- Play an integral role in the UK Management Team, helping to shape the strategic direction of the division
- To keep updated on strategy and activities within the UK market and internal customers.
- Demonstrate high integrity, building trust and respecting others.
- Self motivated - demonstrate personal drive and ambition, fostering innovation, focusing on delivery to our customers,
- Challenge, collaborate and solve problems creatively
- To demonstrate the ability to interact and cooperate with all BD employees both within the UK and international markets
- Regularly communicate with wider field team
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
Key performance measures
- Actual company sales of BDD products against annual commercial objectives
- Actual Standard Margin of portfolio and products achieved against annual commercial objectives
- Management & development of quality National Account customer networks.
- Building a strong reputation for BDD with National Account customers
- Demonstrating and living the BD values.
- Science, business or marketing Degree (or similar).
- With relevant experience, initially in front-line sales position, and subsequently in a managerial role, preferably within an international Company in the medical field.
- Thorough knowledge of national account management and applied selling/commercial skills is essential, along with a proven, successful track record in Sales and experience in key account management.
- Strong financial planning and analytical skills
Desirable Skill & Attributes
- High personal accountability & integrity
- Courage to drive through change in a professional manner.
- Passion to "make a difference" to health
- Leadership - ability to inspire customers & sales teams
- Proactive and the ability to take initiative with a 'can do’ attitude
- Strong selling & negotiation skills with excellent customer service skills
- Able to communicate at levels with private Hospital groups like Bupa, HCA, BMI and Purchaisng organisations such as HTE, NHS Supply Chain & SBS.
- Ability to attract trust and engender strong relationship with the customer
- High level of commercial awareness within the UK Healthcare arena
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills in building financial proposals
- Ability to assimilate complexity and to handle multiple-priority situations
- High level organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Focused and achievement oriented individual
- Embody trust, integrity and ethics inside and outside the Company