SOX Compliance Manager
- Supervised by the Vice-president Finance EMEA, the SOX compliance manager will be responsible for all SOX compliance, testing and review for the E.M.E.A. business.
In addition, the SOX compliance manager will also be:
- Assisting the Vice-president Finances EMEA in the management and co-ordination of SOX compliance activities, providing the audit timetable and developing working relationships across the business.
- Assessing the sufficiency of the mechanisms in place for recognising, analysing and confirming the key risks are managed (i.e. to examine, challenge, test and critique the Finance processes)
- Assisting Internal Audit consultants performing reviews of the data supplied by the business in order to confirm the completion of the action plan.
- Closely liaising with the Finance SOX PMO on all matters relating to IPE standards and changes to IPE regulations. Implementing and operating SOX governance framework within an IT environment: mostly Oracle.
- Performing the test of key controls over financial reporting and ensuring reporting deadlines are met.
- Performing data analysis routines and procedures to evaluate controls, identifying trends and anomalies.
- Effectively identifying and engaging with key stakeholders across the SSC to facilitate implementation and change to regulatory conduct processes and arrangements (SOX compliance, routine testing and self-assessments).
- Following-up with business owners to ensure that past recommendations have been implemented properly to correct deficiencies noted. Completing work with limited instructions, yet know when to seek guidance from supervising staff when circumstances warrant.
- Following-up and reporting on the progress of achieving strategic goals and objectives defines by the head office.
- Continuously applying internal controls under SOX to ensure adequacy and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Managing the customer’s database in Oracle for SOX compliance.
- Liaising daily with team in Los Angeles and E.M.E.A. office locations in Madrid, Sydney, Auckland, Sundsvall, London, Singapore, Dubai and Amsterdam.
- Delivering ad hoc advice to the business on matters of policy, procedures, risk mitigation and controls. Providing internal auditor assistance as necessary.
- Providing external auditor assistance as necessary.
Qualifications and competencies
- Ability to travel up to 15% with extended weeks of travel necessary at times. Have trained in a Top 10 accountancy practice.
- Have a recognized accountancy qualification.
- Have at least five years’ experience in internal audit or external audit.
- Strong understanding of Sarbanes Oxley Compliance.
- Experience with Oracle ERP or equivalent accounting systems. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Excellent English written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus. Detail oriented and organized in work with the ability to meet assigned deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results