Sales Development Manager - Bus & Coach
Sales Development Manager, Bus & Coach
Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for A Sales Development Manager for Bus & Coach sales.
Based at our (insert location here) Branch you will be responsible for developing sales opportunities throughout the UK retail sales areas, through an innovative customer contact strategy and in supporting the retail sales team with their customer journeys through the sales to delivery process. The candidate will also manage the generation of new and used business in a small territory and will develop that area by forming strong relationships with the customer base and with the after sales network. The role requires a positive, can do attitude towards growing our business and a passion for developing and finishing new ideas and improvements to the customer experience.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
- To promote and grow the Scania Bus and Coach vehicle range within the retail market
- To offer hands on support to the sales team in the sales to delivery process, always striving to find efficiencies for us, and added value for the customer
- Demonstrate a proactive, entrepreneurial approach to drive our business to grow
- To manage the customer database to increase our profile with a creative and planned approach
- To work with and analyse market information to find our unique features over the competition
- To work with our network to establish a strong customer focus with both current and conquest customers
- To work as an integral part of a close, ambitious team and strive for the teams success
- Attend industry functions where necessary to promote the Scania brand and yourself
- Manage the sales process in your region for the customer in a professional and confidential manner
- Work with team members to find continuous improvement areas across the department
Key requirements for the role:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Computer literate
- Full clean PSV driving licence (ideal but not essential)
- Knowledge of the Scania product (ideal but not essential)
- Knowledge of the Bus and Coach retail customer base (ideal but not essential)
- Marketing / sales experience
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes, childcare vouchers, discounts on major retail outlets including groceries. For a full breakdown of benefits; please visit our website and follow the careers link.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; customer first, respect for the individual and quality in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role, then please apply today.
Scania (Great Britain) Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
**Strictly no Recruitment Agencies**