Commercial Finance Business Partner
A challenging and varied Commercial Finance Business Partner role has just become available at a FTSE250 FMCG business based in Northamptonshire. This role offers exposure to senior stakeholders at a progressive and well renowned PLC and outstanding development and progression opportunities.
About the Commercial Finance Business Partner role:
Operating in a dynamic environment, the Commercial Finance Business Partner role will provide commercial support to one or more categories and Channels of the Commercial Teams to help drive the best decisions to deliver strong and improving results. Providing reporting and insight to both finance and non finance stakeholders, the candidate will have to deliver to a high standard of accurate insightful reporting and analysis.
- Support both the financial and non-financial operating teams with the Commercial functions to understand key performance metrics and propose recommendations to improve performance.
- Prepare board level material, providing the senior team clear information that is easily understood and ready to drive actionable insights
- Show ownership in helping the Business to deliver financial Performance
- Rebate expert. Determining category rates at branch level, prepare and post accruals, managing the MPP process, understanding root causes of rebate realignments. Educate the business on the interrelationship between rebates and the lines on P/L. Where possible simplify the process including advising Commercial on best way to change supplier terms to make the process simpler
- Be the financial lead for supported categories in all planning activities and support the wider finance team's planning responsibilities including strategic planning, AOP's and forecasts.
- Produce effective performance KPI's, including weekly and monthly reporting, continually reviewing for improvement
- Continually challenge current processes and recommend improvements to all aspects of financial control. Be First review of commercial Balance sheet reconciliations. Work with Commercial on debt collection and recovery
- Support commercial projects and workstreams - including financial modelling and PIR support.
- Ideally a Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Business partnering experience and effective communication skills
- Strong numeric, analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to manipulate large sets of data
This FTSE250 listed FMCG business based in Northamptonshire offers key exposure and development to motivated candidates looking to progress their career.