Manufacturing Engineer Composites
What does this job offer…..?
- Starting salary up to£32,000 per annum
- 32 days paid holiday (including Bank/public holidays)
- Normal 39 hours per week with early finish on Fridays
- Excellent benefits:
- Generous Company Pension scheme/contributions
- Life assurance
- Free Parking
- Genuine long term opportunity and support for professional and career development within an established and professional engineering organisation.
An established manufacturing business, in the Bristol/Avon area with expertise in the development and production of composite components primarily for the Aerospace, Medical and Defence industries. Part of a successful multi-discipline engineering group.
The role….what will you be doing?
Responsible for all aspects of Manufacturing Engineering from "concept" to fully productionised methodology for all customers' projects, including tooling.
- To determine the most suitable manufacturing methods and develop the customer's concept into a fully mature design, allowing the repeat production of quality products in a cost effective way.
- To identify tooling needs, suitable process changes and to continuously develop/improve manufacturing processes as required.
- Write and maintain manufacturing procedures.
- To determine with Production Engineers, the most cost effective routings for parts made for or bought by the company and load the company SAP system.
- Working closely with sales, technical and quality departments to ensure effective communication and understanding of customers' requirements, and to problem-solve production issues.
- To train and instruct all employees and participate in internal and external meetings as required
The candidate…who would be suitable?
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in composites, a sound practical engineering background and an outgoing personality, with the following skills/experience:
- Proven experience and a good knowledge of tooling and manufacturing processes for composites.
- Ideally apprenticeship served or with a relevant degree.
- CAD experience and advantage, ideally in Catia V5
- Outgoing personality and a strong aptitude for problem solving
- Highly motivated team player with good communication skills
- Must have a flexible approach and be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ideally a driver with own transport due to location.
Please send a CV detailing relevant experience and including full contact details for immediate and confidential consideration by our Senior Consultant.
If you are interested in applying then please do so as soon as possible to ensure you are included for consideration.
Don't delay...apply today!
We appreciate the need for discretion so you can rest assured that if you apply for an opportunity through us your details will be handled sensitively. We will always discuss the specific role with selected candidates and current employers will not be contacted for a reference until a job offer has been made and the candidate has given their further permission for us to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you.