Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
Our client is a high growth acquisitive Private Equity backed B2B Technology Services Group. The business, which has market leading profitability and is expanding rapidly both organically and through an active acquisition program which has taken its operations into a number of European countries. Profits are expected to quadruple by 2020.
This continuing growth has given rise to the requirement for an M&A experienced finance professional to join the business as Head of Financial Planning and Analysis to work closely with the CFO and the Board supporting the creation of value as the business drives towards a substantial corporate transaction during the next 3 years.
With a background in corporate finance/transaction services you will be a team player and entirely comfortable in engaging with and supporting a range of stakeholders including the PE investor and debt providers. Suitable candidates may be currently working within M&A services in a large accountancy firm or boutique, or may already have moved into industry.
Working closely with the CFO key responsibilities encompass the following:-
- Create, maintain and develop an M&A-standard business plan model incorporating debt financing components
- Provide input into the ongoing acquisition strategy
- Create models to assess M&A opportunities and their integration into both the Plan and the business
- Produce the Group’s annual budget including working within individual departments to establish and determine their budgets and budgetary processes
- Devise and execute a rolling quarterly rolling forecast update process
- Take responsibility for managing and undertaking due diligence in relation to potential transactions and other commercial deals, including but not limited to preparation of valuation models, co-ordination of professional advisors, internal due diligence streams and providing written reports to the Directors
- Take a lead role in developing a newly implemented business intelligence system
- Undertaking ad-hoc projects as required for other Directors
Candidates will ideally have a background in Corporate Finance Advisory or Transaction Advisory Services. Specific attributes include:-
- Fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Background in M&A
- Experience in a relevant role in industry, ideally in a Private Equity backed business, would be useful (although not essential)
- Commercially focussed and with a genuine interest in the workings of a business
- Advanced Excel skills and experience of building complex financial models are essential
This is a rare career opportunity to play a pivotal role in a fast paced and outstandingly successful PE backed business as it drives towards a substantial corporate transaction in the next 3 years.
Salary: £75,000 - £95,000 + benefits, bonus