Accounts Payable Manager
Haig&Co are delighted to be working with a listed US-owned business to support them in the search for a hugely important role within their Finance Department as Accounts Payable Manager.
This is a very well-known global brand with a multi-site, complex business operation. Based to the north of Birmingham, this large-scale operation seeks to bolster its UK, European and Global support for their expansion plans for 2017 onwards.
As Accounts Payable Manager, your focus will be to lead and oversee the direction, execution and performance of the Accounts Payable function for the business and the Accounts Payable team.
- Leading the team in the day to day Accounts Payable function in line with specific performance delivery measures and SLAs
- Overseeing and development of current process and striving for continuous process improvement
- Ensuring the team are trained in all aspects and understand the importance of a strong customer service approach; focused on efficiencies and delivery of a first-class Accounts Payable function
- Controlling any complex problems impacting on business delivery and Accounts Payable function
- Managing all related budgets and projects within Accounts Payable
- Creating and maintaining strong cross functional working partnerships with the wider business
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Extensive experience and a proven track record in a similar role as Accounts Payable Manager
- Strong understanding of end-to-end Accounts Payable and related functions and processes
- Ideally you will be a qualified accountant or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of driving process efficiencies and complex problem solving
- Personable and customer focused attitude to work output with a "can do" attitude
- A strong communicator able to communication and interpret data to non-finance professionals and the wider business
- Very organised and with a keen eye for detail
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Shared Service Centre experience would be a distinct bonus as would system transition experience
On offer is an incredible opportunity to become part of a worldwide organisation to join a business function at a key time for them. With a very attractive salary, excellent holidays as well as profit share bonus, private medical insurance and other benefits, this is a truly great role that does not become available often!