Part-Time Accounts Assistant
Exciting opportunity to join a local Charity within a Part-Time Accounts Function - £22600 + Bens
Your new company
My client work to a model of good practice supported by Youth Access (the national membership organisation for Youth Information, Advice and Counselling services), promoting rights based information, advice and support. They offer quick and easy access to specialist help backed up by specialist services.
Your new role
To provide Finance Support to the Finance Manager, Charity Accountant and line manage the Finance Team (1 direct report). To act within the policies and other regulations as laid down by charity Management Committee.
- Process timesheets to produce a report that is sent to the pay bureau on time to ensure staff are paid
- Process pension contributions
- Provide reports on Sickness, Holiday and other information from payroll to the HR team
- To provide financial information as required to the fundraising team for funding bids.
- Preparing budgets for projects.
- Completing some financial returns.
- Take part in training, supervision and appraisals.
- Credit control
- Process and payment of suppliers' invoices
- Process and payment of expenses claims from all staff and volunteers
- Raising invoices and dealing with credit control issues.
- Reconciling petty cash
- Ad hoc reporting
What you'll need to succeed
- Computer and IT literate
- Ability to accurately code and enter data and produce reports from an accounts package
- Can work unsupervised and make own decisions.
- Can be a team player and lead others
- Excel knowledge Willingness to help others in the Charity outside the finance team with Excel spreadsheets.
- A good telephone manner.
- Ability to use basic office equipment.
- Willingness to learn filing system (paper and electronic) and oversee the Finance Officer in keeping it up to date
- Willingness to work outside of a routine in order to help the Charity as a whole.
What you'll get in return
- FTE is £20,138 to £22,658
- 25 hours a week
- 28 days holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- Pension Contribution
- Death in Service
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.