Accounts payable / Purchase Ledger Clerk
A vacancy has arisen for a Purchase ledger /Accounts payable Clerk with an exceptional local employer based near East Tilbury Essex.
The team consists of 18 staff who enjoy a success culture with a forward thinking fast growing freight forwarder. The ethos is modern, relaxed and employee focussed.
• Basic Sage experience/knowledge
• Updating purchase and supplier details.
• Updating creditors accounts when invoices have been paid
• Ensuring ledgers are completely up to date
• Manually marking copy invoices as paid in purchase and supplier binders.
• Creating Purchase references in Sage as a mixture of manual entries, marking supplier statement as paid and sending remittances.
• Petty Cash running balance sheet
• Allocating Creditors statements to reference, completed for Directors/Managers to make payments.
• Building relationships with suppliers to help achieve up to date ledgers
• Daily communication with the Ops team
• Cover for Accounts Receivable as and when required during sickness and holiday cover
As well as experience of the above you will be IT proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Sage, and have excellent time management skills. You must also be an owner driver.
Any industry knowledge / experience of freight forwarding, shipping, or logistics is desirable.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who looks to work in a desirable environment for a successful and fast growing Company. Hours are 9am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday