The award winning company SJD Accountancy is the UK's largest specialist provider of fixed fee, Limited company accountancy services to contractors.
Due to continuous growth within the business we are now looking for a Team Manager to inspire support and develop a team of Practice Accountants and at our Head Office based in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
The role will be to manage a team of 6 which is a mixture of Accountants (AAT, ACCA Level) Trainee Accountants and support staff and to keep you hands on you will have a small number clients to look after as well.
- Free Parking
- Working Hours are 9 am - 5pm
- Good Benefits Package
- Working in a modern air con offices
Role and Responsibilities:
- To deliver department objectives by managing a team; planning and evaluating team activities.
- Working as a team with the other Team Managers to establish a consistent service for all clients.
- Accomplish results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Analysis of performance by the review of KPI's and when required supporting individuals for improvement
- Identify, encourage and deliver training & development
- Coaching, counselling, and discipline of team where necessary
- Developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards
- Ensuring resources within the team are sufficient for the number of clients maintained
- Responsibility for all recruitment needs (both internal and external) with prior consent of Area Manager
- Refunds & penalties
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- A minimum of one examination passed towards one of the following qualifications: AAT, ACCA, ACA, ATT, or CTA
- Experience of team leading or management
- Experience of working in a practice.
- Management qualification e.g. MBA or Diploma in Management Studies (DMS)