Greenfield Engineering are recruiting for a skilled Manufacturing Manager who has hands on experience of CNC machining – Milling, Turning, Grinding. This background is essential to the role with the ability to hands on manage a small team of 35-40 production / shop floor staff.
The position is responsible for overseeing and leading all activities associated with manufacturing and production of deliverable product to meet customer expectations within a defined production area. The leader monitors and manages hourly and salaried resources in the assignment of work responsibilities, development, and alignment of resources to load.
This position drives continuous improvement in production, quality, and safety while utilizing the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
• Drive continuous improvement and application activities
• Champion implementation of Lean activities to eliminate waste opportunities of key processes
• Train and develop team members as well as providing oversight and coaching to other team members
• Provide the vision and strategy
• Lead by example – be a positive role model
• Actively engage and recognize employees
• Enable success of employees (providing resources
• Bachelor's degree a minimum- Essential Requirement due to career path internally
Hands on CNC Machining experience.
• Experience in Manufacturing/Operations (low volume manufacturing, machine shop)
• Lean manufacturing / Operational Excellence skills in 5S, Value Stream
• Mapping, Standard work, Visual Management, process focused.
• Strong leadership, coaching and influence management skills (large shop floor teams)
• Ability to balance multiple priorities
• Problem solving skills
The role reports to Manufacturing Operations Manager and manages a team of 35 people.