HEALTH EDUCATOR - KENT
•Job Title: Health Educator - Diabetes Prevention
•Location: Home Based - Kent (Canterbury, Whitstable, Ramsgate and Dover)
•Salary: Basic £24,000 - £28,000 + 25 days holiday & excellent benefits
•Job type: 12 months fixed term contract
•Start date: ASAP
Motivated by supporting other improve their health and well being? Experience of delivering engaging sessions to groups? YES - this could be for you......
Our client is a key player in promoting health, wellbeing, education & careers across the UK. Due to continued success, we actively seek an inspiring educator to joining a expanding team.
As a Health Educator role you will be responsible for empowering participants to change their lifestyle behaviours to prevent diabetes and related conditions.
• Delivering group-based education sessions to groups of participants
• Supporting participants to lose weight, improve their diet and increase levels of physical activity
• Delivering the Healthier You sessions according to the curriculum and using the appropriate resources.
• Participating in the Healthier You Training and Quality Development Framework
• Motivating and encouraging participants to support the improvement of their health and wellbeing
• Experience of facilitating group training and workshops, ideally in preventative health, public health or health awareness.
• Knowledge and awareness of and an interest in diabetes
• Effective communication and presentation skills - able to develop a good rapport with participants
• A clean UK driving licence with the access to own vehicle
• Registered healthcare professional, employed by a healthcare organisation or providing diabetes care
• City and Guilds Level 3 Health Trainer or equivalent NVQ and/or relevant Public Health qualifications i.e. Association for Nutrition and Exercise Professionals Reps Level 3 or 4.
We welcome all applications, however due to anticipated high volume of interest we may be unable to directly respond to every application.
**REFER A FRIEND** If this vacancy is not for you but you know someone who may be interested and suitable, let us know asap. Anyone you refer to Newton's who we place you will receive a £200 referral incentive.-