Customer Relations Officer
Our client, a leading 'Challenger Bank' is seeking a Customer Relations Officer to join their growth story.
The key purpose of this role is to ensure that all complaints are handled in accordance with the Bank’s Internal Complaints Handling Policy and Procedures. Ensure complaints are managed in line with TCF and FCA regulation considerations ensuring complaints are managed fairly, accurately and clearly.
- Ensure good customer service is provided to complainants and ensure they are aware of the of the Bank’s complaints procedures.
- Acknowledging, drafting and sending out complaints promptly and responding to them within set time limits, systematically and fairly
- Resolving customers’ queries within agreed authority, investigating the cause of individual complaints and where required gathering information from relevant departments and reviewing sales documentation
- Making recommendations for fair, impartial decisions on whether to uphold a complaint in line with the Bank’s policies and set mandates.
- Calculating redress and compensation in line with regulatory and FOS guidelines
- Maintaining customer related information systems for accurate record keeping
- Identify actions to address the cause of complaints and maintain an action tracker to ensure appropriate action is taken.
- Make suggestion to improve processes and documentation to reduce complaints.
- 12 months previous complaints handling experience working in a financial services environment is essential
- Prior experience working in a banking environment within a customer facing role is desirable.
- Experience working in a customer service environment is desirable
- Basic understanding of the FCA’s regulatory framework for handling customer complaints and Treating Customers Fairly is essential.
- Basic knowledge regarding the investigation and resolution of PPI or MPPI claims is essential.
- GSCE/GCE qualifications in both maths and English are essential
- Institute of Financial Services Level 3 certificate in Regulated Complaint Handling (CeRCH) is desirable
- Institute of Financial Services Level 3 certificate in Regulated Customer Care (CeRCC) is desirable