Job Title / Grade: Publishing Officer EO (fixed term)
The Publishing Officer facilitates publishing of content for the organisations website. Travel to London and Titchfield and other locations including overnight stay may be required. The Publishing Officer shares within the team responsibility for covering publishing support SLA hours. Due to variation on a day to day basis in the volume of publishing, there may be occasions when working outside SLA hours may be required.
Main responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop strong relationships with business areas and work with them collaboratively to publish content to the organisations website, ensuring all publications are delivered in accordance with the Code of Practice and SLAs
- Work closely with the Publishing Content Editors to ensure that all content meets editorial and accessibility standards
- Develop a good understanding and awareness of Style. accessibility standards, and keep abreast of changes to best practice
- Act as ambassador for digital publishing best practice and build relationships with business areas to understand their needs, for example, identifying work which may need support from other areas of Digital Publishing eg data visualisation
- Ensure compliance with publishing standards through pre-publication meetings, post-publication wash up meetings and by challenging non-compliance
- Work proactively and collaboratively with other teams in Digital Publishing to ensure that knowledge in all areas is maintained
- Safeguard the organisations publishing operations by participating in and testing business continuity plans and invoking emergency publishing plans when necessary.
- Reports to HEO Team Leader
Person Specification / Skills / Experience:
Minimum of 2 years practical experience in a publishing environment
Practical experience in digital content management
Working knowledge of best practice regarding web usability and accessibility.
Civil Service Competences level 2
- Making Effective Decisions
- Changing and Improving
- Managing a Quality Service
- Collaborating and Partnering