SEN Teacher needed in South Buckinghamshire - NQTs welcome!
Prospero Teaching are working alongside a Special Needs School in the south of Buckinghamshire, seeking a Qualified Teacher (NQTs welcome!) to work in a SEN school specialising in MLD, SLD and PMLD needs.
Location: The South of Buckinghamshire
The school is a well-managed, well established school providing an education to students from age 2 - 19 with a range of special educational needs.
The school benefits from small class sizes, allowing a high level of differentiation and individualised learning to take place. You will be working with a range of MLD, SLD and PMLD needs alongside support staff, including Speech and Language Therapists and Occupational Therapists.
The Headteacher has an ever-evolving approach to the children’s’ needs and what is required of a teacher at the school through various systems and techniques. These systems and techniques provide a clear focus on improving communication and interaction skills through identifying learner’s strengths in areas of special interest.
The ideal candidate will have a PGCE in Primary or Secondary Education and experience in an SEN setting specifically working with students with Autism and Complex needs, although NQTs are greatly encouraged to apply.
As per many SEN schools they work with a range of teachers, Learning Support Assistants, Educational Psychologists, Speech & Language, Physio and Occupational Therapists and they integrate these therapies within the curriculum and throughout the school day.
As an SEN teacher you will be required to assess and produce an Individual Educational Plan (IEP) for each child and is to be reviewed by the school team and parents. The IEP aims to nurture and address these requirements, along with targets for improvement.
The position starts immediately and is a very rewarding role for the right person!
• You will be teaching a Primary and Secondary level
• Special needs Teacher with ASD/SLD/MLD or PMLD experience would be fantastic
• Class sizes are small
• There will be teaching assistants in each class including a HLTA for support
The Teacher will have:
• A genuine passion for teaching
• Ability to work on your own initiative or as part of a team
• Previous Experience in a Teaching post
• Ability to contribute to the forward-thinking ethos of the school
• An optimistic outlook and the skill to encourage students
• Ability to tap into a student’s imagination and expand upon sensory tools
• Good classroom management
Job description below:
• Teaching National Curriculum subjects, which may have been adapted to pupils’ needs
• Helping pupils to develop their confidence, independence, abilities and attitudes
• Preparing lessons and teaching materials
• Marking and assessing work
• Experience in a similar environment already
• Working to specific IEPs which will be updated / reviewed.
Prospero Teaching requires all teachers to have a fully enhanced DBS check and a minimum of two references.
To apply for this teaching position please send your CV with cover letter via e-mail or call us directly in the office on to Register for other rewarding vacancies.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.