Reporting to the Finance Team. You will deal with all finance aspects of Property Management and Client accounting. You must be an effective communicator and able to work well within a small team. This is a busy and hands on role that has grown as the business has expanded.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
- Excellent working knowledge of all ledgers in Sage 50 Accounts
- Experience in preparation of final Annual Accounts to be completed by external agent.
- Generating all rent and service charge invoices, quarterly and monthly
- Collection of monies for rent/service charge and insurance invoices, including credit control
- Banking of all cheques received
- Maintaining a monthly bank reconciliation for client bank accounts
- Maintaining client account reconciliations and ensuring that regulations are complied with
- Preparing monthly/quarterly statements of income and expenditure for clients for checking by Management team.
- VAT Returns for clients
- Liaise with Management team for preparation of rents and service charge demands
- Payment of client supplier invoices and posting these transactions to Sage
- Ensuring all bank receipts and payments are posted to Sage on a daily basis
- Responsibility for service charge accounting and liaison with Management team
- Preparation of service charge budgets for all properties subject to service charges
- Preparation of Annual Service Charge Accounts
- Liaise with management company accountants regarding annual accounts
- Experience of property management accounting and property management databases would be ideal - but not essential.
Background and experience:
A minimum of AAT qualified final stages or equivalent. Or working towards ACCA/CIMA. Could offer an opportunity for a move from practice into industry for the right candidate.
High competence in Sage Accounts, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Self-motivation and organised, using own initiative as you will be working in a small team.
Excellent interpersonal skills in order to present complex accounting reports to non finance clients.
All round interesting role with room to grow. But the control is with you.
25 days holiday - plus Bank Holidays
Free parking for city location
9am - 5.30pm 1hr for lunch